Mississippi's Walks for Diabetes!
The DFM is the only diabetes organization in Mississippi that keeps your donations local to help your fellow Mississippians. Your fundraising will not only help newly diagnosed children receive backpacks of information and provide a lifeline to their parents, but will also assist those with diabetes in our state get the medications and information they need in order to live well with diabetes! Your donations will help educate teachers about how to properly care for their students with diabetes throughout the school day, advocate for diabetes legislation, and so much more.
Mississippi's Walk for Diabetes 2021 - Join us for Walktoberfest this fall!
It’s that time of year again, and we are happy to announce we will be back in person for all of our walks this autumn! We invite you to gather your team to join us for Walktoberfest!
If you're new to our Walks, or maybe just a little out of practice after last year's virtual walk you need to:
- Check the dates for the Walk nearest you. Plan ahead so you have plenty of time to build your walk team!
- Collect those important donations that we need to save lives every day, by keeping our programs and services up and running. You can turn them in at the walk or even set up online fundraisers!
- We have some fundraising ideas and items you can sell to increase your team's donation totals! (Remember, the more you raise, the more incentives you can earn!)
- Join us at the Walk nearest you!
- After the walk, send us your photos and videos so we can post them on our event pages, website, and Facebook page.
Everything else is as it has been in the past: Raise $50 for our Walk T-shirt! Gift cards will be available for those raising $100 and up, but please don’t stop there!
For more information and FUNdraising ideas call the DFM at 601-957-7878.
Remember to check back often and follow us on Facebook for the most up-to-date information.
In the meantime, feel free to contact us for more details.