Ultimate Fashion Show
Save the Date April 19, 2018 so you don't miss our 2018 Ultimate Fashion Show!
The Ultimate Fashion Show and Champagne Brunch features a runway of colorful spring and summer fashions, as well as an array of exciting raffle items. Models, both young and old, will shine in the season’s latest styles and trends for men, women, and children alike.
“The Ultimate Fashion Show is a lighthearted, classy, and truly fabulous way to celebrate the arrival of spring fashion. Even better, it’s a wonderful way to support our state’s only nonprofit diabetes organization that provides care for all Mississippi children and adults with diabetes,” said Mary Fortune, DFM Executive Vice President.
Proceeds from this event benefit the Children’s Programs and Services of the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi. These programs include We Care 2, Sweet Subject School Education programs and our world famous Camp Kandu, which is held bi-annually at Twin Lakes Camp and Conference center in Florence, MS. Children with diabetes are able to attend free of charge, and it is a great opportunity for parents, siblings, and grandparents to learn how to help their child or grandchild live a fuller, healthier life with diabetes.
Thank you to everyone who participated in past years, and special thanks to our committee members, volunteers, models, and participating stores!
Past Winners of our “Women of Excellence” Awards
- 2017 - Dr. Beverly Wade Hogan and Jane-Claire Boyd Williams, MD
- 2016 - Bessie Speed and Vonda Reeves-Darby, MD
- 2015 - Shannon Warnock and Maggie Wade
- 2014 - First Lady of Mississippi, Deborah Bryant
- 2013 - Ms. Lucy Mazzaferro
- 2012 - Sister Dorothea Sondegrath
- 2011 - Dr. Indira K. Veerisetty
- 2010 - Ms. Becky Fowler Brister
- 2009 - Patty Peck Christie
- 2008 - Dr. Martin Saunders
- 2007 - Ruth Fredericks, MD